Maine’s very active dairy industry has made the state a leader in the renewal in small batch cheese making. Cows, goats and sheep all contribute their milk to various artisan cheese across the state. There are several ‘creameries’ within easy driving distance of Wayne, making delicious, organic cheese that you can bring home and enjoy for your evening meal.
- Nezinscot Farm (Turner) https://nezinscotfarm.com/
- Little Falls Farm (Harrison) http://www.mainecheeseguild.org/?page_id=4933
- Winter Hill Farm (Freeport) http://www.winterhillfarm.com/
- Kennebec Cheesery (Sidney) https://www.facebook.com/kennebeccheesery
- Spring Day Creamery (Durham) http://www.springdaycreamery.com/
Here is a listing for all the registered artisan cheesemakers in the state:
- The Maine Cheese Guild Main Website http://www.mainecheeseguild.org/
- List of Cheesemakers http://www.mainecheeseguild.org/?page_id=23 This list has gotten longer and longer each year. Yummy!