Maine’s very active dairy industry has made the state a leader in the renewal in small batch cheese making. Cows, goats and sheep all contribute their milk to various artisan cheese across the state. There are several ‘creameries’ within easy driving distance of Wayne, making delicious, organic cheese that you can bring home and enjoy for your evening meal.
- Nezinscot Farm https://nezinscotfarm.com/
- Little Falls Farm, Harrison http://www.mainecheeseguild.org/?p=554
- Pineland Farms Creamery, New Gloucester http://www.pinelandfarms.org/cheese/
- Winter Hill Farm, Freeport http://www.winterhillfarm.com/
- Kennebec Cheesery, Sidney https://www.facebook.com/kennebeccheesery
- Spring Day Creamery, Durham http://www.springdaycreamery.com/
Here is a listing for all the registered artisan cheesemakers in the state: