There are so many places for little ones, young people, families and the young at heart to enjoy themselves. Wayne is a natural wonderland and they can take full advantage of the town and all its safe and supportive environments. In addition to the recreations available at the lake, the Ladd Center, the Cary Memorial Library, the Wayne Community Church, there are many other activities in easy distance.
- Old Hallowell Day http://oldhallowellday.org/
- Fireworks on 4th of July in Winthrop, and around Lake Androscoggin
- Old Orchard Beach http://www.oldorchardbeachmaine.com/Famlyfun.htm
- Family Days Out In Maine http://www.familydaysout.com/kids-things-to-do-usa/maine
- Storyland http://www.storylandnh.com/
- Splashtown and Funtown http://www.funtownsplashtownusa.com/
- National Children’s Study Thing To Do In Maine: http://www.childrensstudymaine.org/families/kids-activities-in-maine-fun-things-to-do-with-kids-in-maine/
- Visit Maine Family Attractions http://www.visitmaine.com/search?q=family
- Maine Agricultural Fairs are a great place to learn new things and enjoy yourself! http://mainefairs.org/
- Bar Harbor, on Mt. Desert Island, is a wonderful day trip http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60709-s401/Bar-Harbor:Maine:Family.Travel.html
- Regal Cinema in Augusta http://www.regmovies.com/theatres
- Narrow Gauge Cinema in Farmington http://www.fchn.org/community/movies
Pick two or three of these and take a plunge!